Integra Telecom had an existing solution in place that would generate work orders for their field techs, but to get these orders synced to their SalesForce system required manual intervention. This required employees to spend their time tending to SalesForce and Integra realized this was not the best use of their time.
I came on board as the sole BizTalk architect. I designed, developed, tested, and released a more efficient & performant SalesForce integration solution for Integra within 3 months. The details of the project consisted of:
- Reducing the number of systems previously required for these tasks, automatically limiting the number of points of failure while simultaneously increasing end-to-end performance. Updates are now generated from field engineers and sent directly into SalesForce.
- Removing custom business logic that previously resided deep inside SalesForce, and adding into the BizTalk rules engine, allowing for the addition of new products & services with no down time.
- Creating a real-time event driven architecture that is loosely coupled, providing simple expansion for future growth.
- Integrating with existing applications, using a mix of WCF, RESTful & SOAP services.
- Implementing a generic exception handler that captures & notifies support of any exceptions or failures that may occur, with the ability to resubmit failed messages from a simple web portal, requiring no BizTalk knowledge.
With their new architecture in place, Integra now has a solid foundation to build additional BizTalk solutions on their own.